The world’s top engineers are solving their civil engineering problems with geosynthetics. These are synthetic products (generally polymeric products) used to stabilize terrain and solve other civil engineering issues. This includes eight main product categories: geotextiles, geogrids, geomembranes, geosynthetic clay liners, geofoam, geonets, geocells and geocomposites.
Today, we highlight geotextiles. Nabaki Afrika has brought world-leading geotextiles to Tanzania – ready for you to use in your next project.
- Separation: Separation is the basic use of geotextiles and is widely practiced in road works and railway constructions.
- Filtration: Geotextiles are widely used for filtration in road works and railway constructions as well as coastal protection.
- Drainage: Geotextiles are widely used for drainage in earth and construction works.
- Protection: Geotextiles are widely used for protection in waste disposal systems and tunnel constructions.
- Reinforcement: Geotextiles are ideal for reinforcement projects.
- Stress relieving: The stress relieving paving fabric AM-2 is ideal in both new road constructions and road maintenance.
We offer a full range of nonwoven geotextiles designed for use in many different foundation structures within civil engineering works. The most common applications are:
- Road: Permanent roads, temporary roads, road widening, parking areas, asphalt maintenance, airports, and railways
- Construction: Foundations, concrete floors, impact sound suppression, roof membranes, and roof gardens
- Ground: Pipes and trenches, storage areas, sport grounds, slopes
- Drainage and filtration: Drainage pipes, drainage trenches, surface drains, building drains
- Hydraulic works: Coastal protection, dams, harbour constructions, river banks and canals, artificial lakes and water reservoirs
- Waste disposals (landfills): waste disposal (top and bottom layers), and water purification systems
When using geotextiles between different construction layers, mixing of the layers is avoided, resulting in an increase of bearing capacity and thereby also time and material savings. High water flow and good filter properties combined with the necessary mechanical properties of the geotextile ensure that fine-grained particles are retained, while free movement of water is maintained. Consequently, stability is improved and life of the entire construction is prolonged.
For more information on how our geotextiles can add value to your project, please visit https://nabaki.co.tz/