Introducing Xypex Water Proofing Solutions from Nabaki Afrika Ltd. (https://nabaki.co.tz/
Responding to a diverse, worldwide need, Xypex has expanded its line from flagship coating to a fully integrated, highly functional family of products.
Xypex is Different
The crystalline nature of the Xypex waterproofing system provides many application advantages over traditional barrier products.
- Xypex does not require a dry surface; in fact, a wet surface is necessary.
- Xypex does not require dry weather to be applied.
- Xypex does not require costly surface priming or leveling prior to application.
- It cannot puncture, tear, or come apart at the seams.
- It does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials.
- It can be applied on either side of a concrete surface – the negative or the positive (water pressure) side.
- Xypex does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes.
- It is less costly to apply than most other methods.
The Application Advantages
The Xypex crystalline system for concrete waterproofing is substantially different from traditional barrier products — like membranes and cementitious coatings. Check these differences:
- Xypex creates a crystalline structure deep within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete mass to prevent the penetration of water and aggressive chemicals. In contrast, barrier-type products function only at the surface of the concrete.
- Because Xypex is not dependent on surface adhesion to achieve its waterproofing effect, it is resistant to extreme hydrostatic pressure.
- It will seal static hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm.
- It is not subject to the deterioration problems encountered by membranes.
- Xypex is permanent and reactivates whenever water is present.